Culprits and Solutions for Brown Spots and Patches
Melanin gets a bad rep by those who do not understand its benefits. The hormone responsible for producing Melanocyte is aptly called melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH) it is produced in the hypothalamus and can suppress appetite, has anti-inflammatory effects, can influence the release of the hormone aldosterone, which controls salt and water balance in the body, and also has an effect on sexual behavior.
Melanin (from the Greek Word for black pigment, Melas) is a group of natural pigments. Melanin is responsible for color in most living things. Produced through a process called Melanogenis is produced in cells called Meloncytes. There are two types of melanin, eumelanin (brown and black hues) and phaomelanin (red and yellow hues). Less melanin means less pigment and lighter skin, more melanin means more pigment and darker skin. It’s important to know what it is so we can know how to prevent and when it has gone awry, how to treat it. Science lesson over!
Melanin: The Good
It is responsible for the beautiful colors in skin tones, eyes and hair color. It protects us from harmful UV rays. And when those UV rays penetrate the skin, Melanin acts a sunscreen to protect us from the harmful effects of UV rays. Suntans and burns occurs when melanin production is stimulated, the area becomes inflamed to create a shield and protect the skin from adverse effects of UV exposure. Increasing Melanin through the use of antioxidants (dark leafy vegetables), Vitamin A (carrots and spinach), Caretoenoids (oranges and Vitamins C and are all good options for positive melanin production.
Melanin: The Bad
Like most things in our world there is a good and a bad side to Melanin. When the melanocytes (remember these are the cells where melanin is made) become damaged or unhealthy for some reason, the result is discolored (brown, yellow) spots and patches. At its worst damaged melanocytes, according to Healthline, can lead to cancer causing mutations. On the other end, are results like Melasma. Melasma is not necessarily harmful to us physically but it can absolutely be damaging to our self image. Malasma is an epidermal hyperpigmentation caused by increased melanogenesis.
Melanin: The Ugly
The cancer causing effects can look like flat reddish or brownish patches in the skin, often with a rough, scaly, or crusted surface. They tend to grow slowly and usually occur on sun-exposed areas of the body, but not always. If you see patches like this see your dermatologist.
Hyperpigmentation will show up as random spots or patches anywhere on the face, neck, etc.
Melasma, on the other hand appears in blotchy but uniform consistent patterns on the cheeks, bridge of the nose, forehead, chin and upper lip.
Another difference to keep in mind is Hyperpigmentation is affected by external factors, whereas melasma is affected by internal factors, such as hormones.
So where does the damage to melanocytes come from? We all know that sun exposure or worse sun exposure on unprotected skin is a huge culprit. But, the truth is there are several things that cause these cells to become unhealthy and damaged both external and internal.
The Malasma, Hyperpigmentation Plot Thickens
Apart from sun exposure, certain illnesses such as some genetics, your mom, dad, grandma may have given you this lovely gift (sarcasm) but it could also be from an autoimmune or gastrointestinal diseases, metabolic disorders or vitamin deficiencies. Certain medications such as chemotherapy drugs, antibiotics, antimalarials and anti-seizure drugs may also cause hyperpigmentation. Hormonal shifts such as pregnancy and menopause, side effects of dermatological procedures, even your mobile phone and computer screen can cause an over production of melanin leading to hyperpigmentation! (See our side article on Tech effects on your skin. Screen Skin)..
Stop the Spots: How to Prevent Hyperpigmentation and Malasma.
- Stay out of the sun! Use a sunscreen that protects you from UV rays as well as pollutants that harm your skin, like MCCM’s Sun Cream SPF 50+. or City Protect SPF 50
- Alcohol-based products, like your perfume can increase skin pigment production when exposed to the sun. Apply/spray fragrances underneath your clothes instead of on sun exposed skin.
- Be consistent, Rainy or sunny, direct or indirect exposure, protect yourself at all times.
- Establish a good cleansing routine. (see our Skincare Reboot article on establishing a good routine). According to Dr. Shadi Kourosh, Director of Pigmentation Disorders at Boston General Hospital, environmental pollutants contribute to melasma. By protecting the surface through proper cleansing we protect the skin from the damage. By following up with the products that protect we further help our skin remain or recover the beauty it deserves. MCCM Cvita 180º Cream is a lightening cream with an anti-oxidant effect. It prevents photo aging and spots. It protects against the formation of free radicals, due to oxidation stress.
- Use a Vitamin C Serum to improve skin health such as MCCM Vitamin C Solution which helps neutralize free radicals and protect the skin, while whitening.
- Eat healthy and exercise. You knew this one was going to be here, right? A healthy diet rich in anti-oxidants, omega 3’s protect your skin and according to webmd Omega 3’s known for their heart protection can even inhibit cell tumor growth. Exercise for Healthy Skin. … “Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to working cells throughout the body, including the skin,” says Marmur. In addition to providing oxygen, blood flow also helps carry away waste products, including free radicals, from working cells.
Treat Me Kind, Hyperpigmentations Hyper Successful Solutions
Professional treatments such as Chemical peels and laser therapy can help reduce hyperpigmentation. However, these treatments can also irritate skin and can even cause hyperpigmentation. Why? Treatments cause inflammation, inflammation can cause hyper-pigmentation.
The MelanoOUT System
The Melano Out System, a professional treatment from MCCM is one of the least invasive de-pigmentation treatments. The MilanoOut System is
and available for spa and medical professionals through RD Management at MyRDM.com. The results appear within 14 days of the treatment and get better and better during usage of the maintenance cream. One of our employees, Kelly O, kept a diary of her experience with this treatment. See her findings below. The MilanoOut System acts on the cells responsible for the skin coloration, reducing the production of excess color and is very effective in the elimination and/or decreasing of brown patches. The results? Excellent and Uniform skin tone without surgery or side effects.
The Kelly O, MilanoOut System Diary:
The Kelly O, MilanoOut System Diary
My name is Kelly and this is my diary entries for using the MelanoOut Kit treatment protocol from MCCM. This is my first time every doing a whitening treatment to treat my brown spots on my face. I am of European decent and have very light skin the burns easily but eventually I will tan. My skin is definitely on the sensitive side so I am a bit nervous about this hurting; but I hate my brown spots enough to try anyway. I am 50 years old. I typically have oily/combination skin that breaks out easily.
I spent quite a bit of time reviewing the protocol and studying the enclosed products so that I fully understood the procedure and the expectations from each step. Then I started with a really thorough cleansing of my face with the MCCM cleansing milk and followed with the MCCM facial tonic. No problem! Then I proceeded to Degreasing solution which did not cause any sensation at all. Then I applied the Pre-treatment, and again no problems. Using a brush, I then applied the treatment mask being careful to avoid my eyes nose and mouth. It has a very sticky texture so it is important to make sure your hair is off your face.
My recommended time to leave the mask on according to my phototype was four hours. I was surprised that I did not experience any heat or tingling with the application of the mask and other than a little bit of heating a couple of hours in, I did not have any adverse reaction to the mask at all. So I was a bit worried at first that maybe the mask did not work for me. I removed the mask with cold water exactly four hours after the application. I did read that there are more intensive ways to do this treatment but as my skin tends to be so sensitive, I was glad I did this way for my first time. I applied the Hydraface cream and 50+ sunscreen and that was the end of day one treatment.
Day two: I did not apply any of the MelanoOut cream until the evening time. No problems with my skin. I did notice it was redder than usual and I was careful to stay out of the sun even though I was wearing sun screen and the Hydraface cream as recommended. I am wearing sun screen every day during this month.
Day three: Today I notice that my skin was very dry. I started applying the MelanoOut Cream three times a day and I am putting on pretty thick. It stings on my skin! I think it is because my skin is so dried out. I followed protocol exactly for the entire day. I really noticed the stinging especially at night. The cream is thick and sticky and brown in color. It was not comfortable to wear but putting on the Hydroface helped. I am not wearing any makeup yet even though it says I can in the protocol.
Day four: Wow. This was not a fun day. My skin is defiantly starting to have a reaction. Certain areas on my chin, the apples of my cheeks and along my jaw line are super dried out and feel raw. It feels like a really bad sunburn. I am continuing to put the cream on three times a day but hate doing it because it stings after each application. I am continuing to do it really thick. The wind outside hurts it. Again, it feels very much like a severe sun burn or wind burn.
Day five:After checking with my treatment professional, I realize that it is not necessary to put the cream on as heavy as I have been. I literally have areas on my face that seem raw from being so dried out. So per instructions, I am not putting on the cream for a day, just Hyrdoface cream and sunscreen
Day six:Today I only put the cream on at night as my face is still stinging when I put anything on it at all. Still have some very raw places on my face where the treatment is really working hard. I noticed that the dark spots seem to be more and darker. It seems to be actually pulling the spots out in places where I didn’t have them before. So it seems to be actually working to pull melanin out before it started to show.
Day 7:I spoke to my treatment professional today. The burn in my face just is bothering me so much and it is so tight and itchy. I began to wonder did I do something wrong. Is this just too strong for my skin? She suggested that I switch from the MCCM Hydroface cream to Matis absolute soothing serum and Delicate moisturizing cream. It was immediate relief on my skin. I wish I had been using it all along. I am sure for normal skin the Hydroface is fine, but for my sensitive skin, I needed much more hydration and soothing. I also did a cream facial mask today that helped smooth and moisturize my skin.
Day 8:My skin has started to flake off and I can actually see the dark spots lifting off on the dead skin! I love that! There is still a less dark spot under the areas that are flaking off but hopefully those will begin to lighten or flake off too. Continuing with the Matis absolute soothing serum and Delicate moisturizing cream three times a day after I put on the MelanoOut cream. It is slowly healing the skin and getting softer and less red with each use.
Day 9 -12:Continuing the protocol of three times a day for MelanoOut cream, Soothing serum and moisturizer followed by sun screen. I can see definite changes. I am so relieved to see that the flaking is getting better and my skin is no longer burning or itching. It is still a bit red in places but each day is improving. Occasionally, when I put the MelanoOut on there is a slight tingling sensation, but it goes away quickly and is not bad at all. I think the flaking and drying out was the product working for me and should not have been so scared by it. I think that if I had just started with the soothing serum and moisturizer, while I still probably would have had the sunburn effect, it wouldn’t have lasted so long or been so uncomfortable.
I started noticing on day 12 that one area of melasma is definitely starting to lighten. I am looking forward to seeing more results now!
We will be checking in on Kelly February 4 for more results.
More about the MelanoOut System: The MELANOout System is based on the inhibition of tyrosinase, a basic enzyme in the melanin formation process. Several of the substances present in the MELANOout System formula actuate by blocking this enzyme, or even by inverting the metabolic process of the transformation chain.
Ingredients in the MelanoOut System Products:
- KOJIC ACID: • Decrease the proliferative activity of melanocytes, inhibiting the formation and melanization of melanosomes and promoting their degradation; depigmenting and whitening agent.
- AZELAIC ACID: • Reduces the epidermal melanogenesis; replace the abnormal melanocytes by normal cells.
- ARBUTIN: • Depigmenting substance that prevents the formation of melanin and stains; inhibits tyrosinase and thus prevents the formation of melanin; a skin-lightening agent. Arbutin is found in wheat, and is concentrated in pear skins.
- PHYTIC ACID: • Is an inhibitor of tyrosinase, blocking the entry of iron and copper in the formation of melanin.
- ASCORBIC ACID (VIT. C.): • Healing, helping on establishing collagen; anti-oxidant properties; whitening agent.
- APRICOT KERNEL OIL: • Soften the skin; easily penetrates into the skin If you are concerned by hyper-pigmentation, look out for skincare products that have been formulated to address this concern and that are clinically and dermatologically proven to be effective.
Other products mentioned in this article:
MelanoOut Cream is designed to reduce and to eliminate skin blemishes of melanic origin localized on the epidermal layer
Vitamin C Airless Solution” antioxidant properties help neutralize free radicals and protect the skin. An excellent whitening agent and protects the skin against the UVA/UVB radiation.
Back to Basics Skincare Routine, Back to Great Skin
Those in the skincare business, spas and medical professionals know the importance of healthy habits and skin care steps to take to insure bright, healthy, acne free skin with reduced signs of aging. Clean, healthy and beautiful skin is not a one day marathon but an everyday walk. The good news is that it doesn’t really take a lot of time, just the proper steps, quality products and consistency. Professionals weighed in and follows is the Step by Step Skincare Routine Reboot to Great Skin.
Lifestyle Habits that Promote Great Skin
Medical Professionals, like those at the Mayo Clinic agree that “Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay natural aging and prevent various skin problems”. And the medical professionals we read and spoke to point to the following five steps as part of your skincare routine for great skin:
1. Protect yourself from the sun. One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems as well as increase the risk of skin cancer. For the most complete sun protection:
- Use sunscreen. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Apply sunscreen generously, and reapply every two hours — or more often if you’re swimming or perspiring. Yes it’s January and by now you all know that the sun still shines even through the clouds. Sunscreen is imperative. We recommend, City Protect by Matis. City Protect has an SPF of 50 (Awesome!), you can mix it with your moisturizer or use it directly on the skin. It also protects form pollutants making it a win win in the skin protect category!
2. Don’t Smoke. No, not even e-cigs!
Beyond wrinkles and premature aging, electronic cigarettes have been found to contain other chemicals that could cause cancer.
Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen. Smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Look around you, when you pay attention you will begin to notice those who smoke or have smoked for years. It’s all over their face, teeth and fingers. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow and makes skin paler.
According to one analysis published in the New England Journal of Medicine, formaldehyde from e-cigarettes could be 15 times higher than smoking cigarettess.
Smoking also depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients that are important to skin health. It also damages collagen and elastin (Bakas Naturals found at myrdm.com has a great collagen supplement called Beautycol, incorporate this into your daily routine, but it is not a substitute for not smoking, just a supplement for your collagen production and that is a good thing!). You know collagen and elastin are the fibers that give your skin strength and elasticity.
A great skincare routine includes not smoking
In addition, the repetitive facial expressions you make when smoking, such as pursing your lips when inhaling and squinting your eyes to keep out smoke contribute to wrinkles. Yuck! And if that is not enough, remember smoking increases your risk of squamous cell skin cancer. If you smoke, the best way to protect your skin is to quit.
3. Treat your skin gently. Daily skincare including cleansing and shaving can take a toll on your skin. Your face and body require gentle skincare. Some ways to protect it are:
- Limit bath time. Hot water and long showers or baths remove oils from your skin. So limit your bath or shower time, and use warm not hot water.
- Pat dry. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
- Moisturize skin. Use a moisturizer that fits your skin type. For daily use, consider a moisturizer that contains SPF. Matis City Protect is our absolute favorite sun protection product. A small bead inside for mixing to optimum value when shaken and you can use it directly on the skin or add a few drops to your moisturizer! So awesome! For the body we recommend Essential Moisturizing Body Lotion, a soft cream which that hydrates, nourishes, smoothes, soothes and sublimates dry dehydrated skin. The result is smooth, recharged and protected skin! Yummy! We will talk more about facial cleansing and moisturizing below.-
- Use Shaving Gel or Cream: To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. For the closest shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it. Matis High Precision Shaving Gel turns to a smooth cream for soft, supple and comfortable skin. USE: Dampen the face with water. Apply the gel to the area to be shaved while massaging until it transforms into creamy foam. Your skin is ready to shave.
- Avoid strong soaps. Strong soaps and detergents can strip oil from your skin. Instead, choose mild and quality cleansers.
4. Eat a healthy diet.
A healthy diet can help you look and feel your best. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Research suggests that a diet rich in fish oil or fish oil supplements and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates might promote younger looking skin. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your skin hydrated.
5. Manage stress.
I could hear you laughing as soon as you saw the words “Manage Stress” It’s a struggle for most of us! But hear me out, uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts as well as other skin problems. To encourage healthy skin and a healthy state of mind, take steps to manage your stress. Get enough sleep, set reasonable limits, and learn to say no. Scale back your to-do list and make time to do the things you enjoy. Try meditation, yoga, visualization. The results might be more dramatic than you expect. We will be talking more about stress and skin in another blog.
Remember to share this with your daughters, sisters and friends. Adopting healthy lifestyle practices and good, quality skincare is beneficial at all ages.
Professional Step by Step Skincare Routine for Great Skin
The Spa and Beauty Professionals we spoke to agree with medical professionals about creating a healthy lifestyle for great skin. They also tell us that beautiful skin begins with quality products, proper technique and a consistent routine. We love Matis Skincare, (obviously) a French Line loved by French women and celebrities alike, because of the scientific techniques and cutting edge ingredients, their luxurious and effective products and recognized for quality and safety.
In any reboot, the key is to get back to basics.
Things we know but started skipping or in a rush have gotten a bit sloppy in procedure or careless with product we use. The first step then is to go back to the basics and back to a consistent skincare routine. We will be talking about three categories of skin types: 1) People 20 to 40 perhaps seeing the first signs of ageing and in need of preserving and maintaining their skin’s youthfulness. Our recommendations for these skin types will be from the Matis Reponse Jeunesse line 2) Second are those with sensitive and reactive skin types, those hypersensitive to stresses whether environmental, climatic or microbial. The Reponse Delicate Line will provide the proper care and protection needed for those with hypersensitive skin. .3) The third category is combination skin with oily tendencies, here the Matis Reponse Purete Line will be the most effective.
Morning Skincare Routine Steps:
Step 1: Cleanse:
Germs from your pillowcase can move to your face as you sleep. Even if you wash your pillowcases often, cleansing in the morning is essential. “While you’re tossing and turning at night, bacteria from your saliva and oils from your hair are easily transferred to your face and eyes,” explains Rachel Nazarian, M.D., dermatologist at Schweiger Dermatology Group in New York and New Jersey.
- HOW: Wetting your face with lukewarm (not hot!) water and using your fingertips apply the cleanser in a circular motion, aim for 20 to 30 seconds. Rinse and carefully pat dry with a soft, clean towel. “Make sure to wash the T-zone and U-zone (around the jaw line), as these are areas people tend to ignore, warm water helps lift the dirt out of your skin, but hot water can be too drying..
Over scrubbing, especially when using an exfoliating wash, can quickly lead to irritated and red skin says Jerome Garden, M.D., director of the Physicians Laser and Dermatology Institute in Chicago.
- WHAT TO USE:
Normal Skin (preserve & prevent): 20 to 40 normal skin use the Essential Cleansing Emulsion from Matis Reponse Jeunesse which removes makeup and cleanses the skin effectively without drying it out
Sensitive Skin: Use Cleansing Cream from the Matis Reponse Delicate Line, this cleanser leaves the skin velvety, without a greasy feeling, while soothing and protecting the skin.
Combo to Oily: Use Purifying Gel from the Matis Reponse Purity Line. Purifying Gel removes dead cells and smoothly helps tighten pores. Turns into a creamy foam and leaves the skin supple, soft, bright and clear. Pores are tightened
Step 2: Tone:
While most everyone understands the importance of cleansing, toning is one of those steps that are often confusing for many.
Toners have a range of skincare benefits; from exfoliating to moisturizing to soothing.
Which is why, each skincare category has its own toning product. Toner is especially helpful for skin prone to excess oil, as it wipes away unwanted oil and impurities, which in turn, helps to reduce pore size.
- HOW: Mist or spritz over face, neck and decollété or add toner to two cotton pads and lightly spread the toner over your face, neck and décolleté. Wait a minute for the toner to dry. .Finish by applying any treatment products and moisturizer.
- WHAT TO USE:
Normal Skin (preserve & prevent): Use Essential Lotion from Reponse Jeunesse. It prepares and quenches your now perfectly cleansed skin resulting in toned, brighter and softer skin. .
Sensitive Skin: UseLime Blossom Lotion from Reponse Sensitive is an Alcohol-free formula, lengthens the benefits of cleansing the skin is relaxed and becomes more receptive to skincare products.
Combo to Oily: Use Pure Lotion from Reponse Purity: An alcohol-free lotion that eliminates the dead cells on the surface of the skin, while respecting the skin balance. The skin is left radiant, clean and full of luminosity.
Step 3 Eye Care:
Skin under the eye is more delicate than the other parts of the face, requiring a little extra care and precaution to help reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- HOW: Using your ring finger (your other fingers could apply too much pressure and cause rather than reduce wrinkling) tap a pea-sized dab of cream underneath each eye (Use the same method when applying under eye makeup). Smooth it over your skin, moving around the orbital bone; do not get too close to eyes. Your eye cream will naturally migrate up a bit since this area has very few pores to fully absorb the cream.
- What to Use:
Reviving Eye Cream, a Matis product from their dedicated eye care line Reponse Yeux, smoothes away puffiness and dark circles while correcting pigment. Reduce dark circles and puffiness while protecting the eye area all day with Reviving Eye Cream.
Step 4: Moisturize:
Hydration maintains the skin barrier, protecting from external aggression’s, depending on your skin type and product used, it also provides nutrition, radiance, firming, and control where needed.
- HOW: Take a quarter-sized amount of moisturizer on your fingertips and gently massage the product upwards, (which aids in lifting and plumping the skin.) Work from the outer face inward as skin tends to be oilier in the middle of your face where typically less hydration is needed.
- WHAT TO USE:
Normal Skin (preserve & prevent): Fundamental Beautifying Cream repairs; moisturizes and protects all skin types lacking radiance and vitality. The skin retrieves a luminous glow. The skin feels oxygenated and stimulated.
Sensitive Skin: The Brand New SensiBiotic Cream has a soft and delicate texture bringing comfort and relief, soothed and more resistant, skin that is less reactive. It only takes one drop in the hollow of your hand, massaged delicately to the whole face and the neck beginning at the center and working out towards the perimeter of the face.
Combo to Oily: Shine Control Purifying Care in the Reponse Purity Line is the answer for clear and shine free skin. Balancing the skin while creating a matte appearance, the Shine Control Purifying Gel continually limits excess sebum, leaving your skin incredibly soft and matte all day.
Step 5: Add SPF Protection:
Your final step is to add SPF Protection from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which is linked to the vast majority of skin cancers, as well as premature skin aging and eye damage.
- HOW: Starting at the base of your neck, add a quarter sized amount to skin and gently massage in a circular motion. Direction is not important here, but what is important is covering your entire neck and face.
- WHAT TO USE:
Matis City Protect makes this so easy. City Protect is an amazing SPF 50 skin shield. When you shake it the little bead inside insures maximum blend. Use it directly on the skin or add a few drops to your moisturizer.
Evening Skincare Routine Steps of Professionals
For nighttime skincare, as I stated earlier we are going to be talking more about Retinol in another blog, for now the goal is to get back to basics with our skincare reboot and a great routine whether skincare, exercise or even mindset starts with the basics.
“A great routine whether skincare, exercise or even mindset starts with the basics.”
Remove Makeup: “Many makeup brands are smudgeproof or waterproof, your cleansers may not remove them thoroughly,” explains Dr. Nazarian. To insure complete make up remove use a gentle makeup removing product like micellar water, before you wash—especially when removing long-wear makeup.
Step 2: Cleanse:
No matter how tired you are do not skip this step. Ridding the skin of sebum produced during the day, make up, SPF and the harsh environmental pollutants is essential! Use the same steps and products as in your morning routine.
Step 3: Tone:
Using the same product you use in the morning, press a couple layers of toner into your thoroughly cleansed skin.
Step 4: Spot Treat
Spot Treatment: If you have any active breakouts, this is where you would apply a salicylic acid spot treatment like SOS Paste. Do not apply any other skincare over a spot treatment, especially retinol. Apply the SOS Paste to the blemishes. Leave it on all night long. In the morning remove it as a second skin or with cotton pads moistened with the Pure Lotion
Step 5: Eye Cream.
Skin repairs at night making it the optimum time to opt for a more aggressive option in eye care. Matis Repairing Eye Cream is specially formulated to help to reduce the signs of ageing, a light and comfortable texture it reprograms the cellular activity of young skin to reduce the puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. HOW: Apply by tapping from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye, remember the crows feet.
Serum: Serums offer a deeper and direct delivery, whereas moisturizers focus more on the upper layers. Serums deliver specific ingredients and supplements right into the skin, including those that fight the effects of aging, wrinkles, discoloration, acne and dryness.
What to Use:
Normal Skin (preserve & prevent): The Fundamental Hydrating Serum gives the skin intense hydration and acts at every layer of the skin so that it finds its level of optimal hydration leaving the skin supple and fresh.
Sensitive Skin: Sensitive Reactive Skin: Absolute Soothing Serum is an intensive treatment serum used to reduce skin sensitivity. This “solution for skin in crisis” immediately calms irritations.
Combo to Oily: The Intensive Purity Serum rebalances the cutaneous flora and regulates the production of sebum. Pores tighten and surface imperfections diminish.
HOW: Pump two dollops of Serum into the hollow of your hand. Massage delicately on the entire face and neck from the center moving towards the outside. (Remember to avoid the areas that were spot treated).
Step 7: Moisturize:
Apply the moisturizer from your morning routine using the same method.
A silk or satin pillowcase will help reduce the appearance of sleep lines and the formation of wrinkles in addition to smooth frizzy hair and minimizes static.
Once a Week:
Those with Dry or Normal Skin with signs of aging should exfoliate, in the evening after cleansing once a week. Face Renew 100 from the Reponse Corrective line provides perfect professional grade exfoliation.
Inspired by microdermabrasion in aesthetic surgery, Face Renew 100 ingredients are based on the same fine, abrasive particles that improves skin texture and brightens the complexion. It also improves wrinkles and irregularities. HOW: To use apply 1 small dab on the face, gently massage in circular movements. Leave it on for 2 to 5 minutes and rinse carefully with water. Follow with toner, repairing eye cream, serum and moisturizer.
French women swear by; their preference for foundation-free skin and a swipe of red lipstick. They also take skincare very seriously. Matis Skincare is one way that French foundation free beautiful skin is possible. Medical and Skincare Professionals all agree that with basic healthy lifestyle choices and a quality consistent skincare routine beautiful skin can be yours.
Looking for the products mentioned in this article? Just follow the links in the easy guide below.
|Product||Normal and first signs of aging Reponse Jeunesse||Hyper Sensitive Skin Reponse Delicate||Combo to Oily Skin Reponse Purity|
|City Protect SPF 50||Cleanser||Essential Cleansing Emulsion||Cleansing Cream||Purifying Gel|
|Essential Moisturizing Body Lotion||Toner||Essential Lotion||Lime Blossom Lotion||Pure Lotion|
|Matis High Precision Shaving Gel||Day Eye Cream||Reviving Eye Cream||Reviving Eye Cream||Reviving Eye Cream|
|Beautycol||Moisturizer||Fundamental Beautifying Cream||New SensiBiotic Cream||Shine Control Purifying Care|
|Matis Miceller Water||Night Eye Cream||Matis Repairing Eye Cream||Matis Repairing Eye Cream||Matis Repairing Eye Cream|
|Night Time Spot Treatment||Face Renew 100||SOS Paste|
|Serum||The Fundamental Hydrating Serum||Absolute Soothing Serum||Intensive Purity Serum|
Professionals, take your med or luxury spa to the next level, contact RD Management to bring the best in skincare and training to your clients.
Phone: 972-771-0300 or E-Mail: Info@myRDM.com
#skincareroutinesteps, #skincareroutineorder, #skincareroutineforoilyskin, #skincareroutinefordryskin, #dailyskincareroutineathome, #skincareroutine30s